Year 3/4 - Mr K Patel & Mrs N Dale
Y3/4 Mr Patel & Mrs Dale
Welcome to class KPNDY3/4
Hello and welcome to Mr Patel and Mrs Dale’s Year 3/ class, where we hope to have a superb year!
Mrs Schofield and Mrs Dean are the support staff who help us with our learning
Things to remember:
- Reading records - Please make sure you listen to your child read each day and sign their reading records. It is an excellent way for you to help your child succeed in both reading and writing!
- Times tables - Your child should spend 5 minutes each day to learn their times tables. This will really help with answering the calculations they need to solve.
- Our spelling test is on Friday. New spellings are sent home the previous Monday, so make sure you help your child practice them ready for their test.
- Homework will be set every Friday and will be an extension of what the children have been learning about in school. Please ensure homework is completed and returned to school by the following Monday.
- Swimming is on Monday morning, so make sure your child comes to school with their swimming costume (swimsuit for girls, trunks or lycra shorts, not long shorts for boys), hat and towel. Remember, if your child wears earrings, they are not allowed to swim with them in, so we advise you to take them out before coming to school. Hats are on sale at the office for £1.50.
- PE is on Thursday afternoon so make sure your child comes to school with their PE kit - T-shirt and shorts, trainers, sweatshirt or hoodie and jogging bottoms for outdoor sessions. No football shirts, please.
- Celebration assembly is on a Friday afternoon - Children who have impressed the adults in class will be chosen as our star pupil of the week and will receive a certificate of achievement. All mums, dads, grandparents or carers are welcome to come along any week.
Literacy – We will be reading ‘Into The Forest’ by Anthony Browne Anderson this term.
We will be looking at a range of writing including myths and legends, fables and traditional tales. We will also investigate how instructions are written.
Children will have regular opportunities to have a go at writing their own.
We will be learning how sentences are structured and having plenty of practice in our writing.
Maths – We will be investigating place value and addition and subtraction of numbers this term.
Science – To support our Rainforest topic this term we will be investigating animals including humans.
Geography – Our topic this half term investigates rainforests; this is a geography and science based topic. In geography we will be locating the equator and the tropics and identifying where rainforests are, what they do and the animals that live there.
Art – We will be looking at the work of French artist Henri Rousseau as aprt of our topic work.
Computing – Children will learn how programmes work and try to design their own.
French - We will be developing our conversation skills, learning how to introduce ourselves and learning the numbers up to ten.
RE – Children will explore various creation stories from different religions, identifying similarities and differences.
PHSE - We will be following the school PHSE scheme “Jigsaw”. We will look at
how we will make our class a good place to be and our roles within the class.
Please help your child meet their targets by taking an interest in what they are doing in school and helping them when they need it!
PE – Children will be exploring ways to move and the space around them in a dance unit, linked to the Rainforest topic.
The adults in class are working hard to make sure that the children in our class have a happy and successful year. If you wish to discuss anything concerning your child, please call in and see us at the beginning or end of the school day when we are usually available, or make an appointment at the office.